Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kids Say The Darnest Things

I've been wanting to write down some of the outrageous and funny stuff my kids say.  I just never get to it.  This will be a good place to do that.  So I'll have a series of these as I think of them and remember them.  Some of them maybe vulgar or shocking, so read with caution, but that's what makes them so memorable and outrageous and funny.

I'll start with this one:  When Ty was in Sunbeams we were visiting my mom's ward and the primary chorister was teaching the song, "Lord I will follow thee."  She got to the line "pause to lift another," and asked the primary if anyone knew what that meant.  Everyone had a blank look on their face, except Tyler.  He was a tiny Sunbeam sitting in the front row waving his hand frantically.  So she said, "Okay Tyler, what does it mean?"  Ty said, "It means, you have to push pause on your movie and go outside to eat your popsicle."  The chorister got a real kick out of that, she told my mom that apparently I have some strict rules about eating popsicles in the house. ............................. Hey, he is right, it's lifting to me to not have to mop the floor!

1 comment:

The Eyre's said...

Hey Tori! I love the story. I'm terrible about keeping track of those sweet moments. But, the blog has helped I think. We missed you at lunch! We should get together and make some cute hair flowers sometime. I'm so addicted to hair cutesies. (Is that a word?)